Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Preschool Letter "X" and Cincinnati Reds Opening Day

Tomorrow Jonathan's class will be studying the letter "X". I have been wondering what treat I could find for this letter. Not many things start with "X"! We have a Galerie candy factory outlet near here, which I just discovered a couple of months ago. I went there and found this cute little candy Tic Tac Toe game. It has an edible marker and sheets of candy Tic Tac Toe games. Perfect! I printed a little sign saying "Have fun writing-and eating-the letter "X"" and attached it to the package with glue dots. I had planned to take these in on Tues. morning, but Jonathan couldn't go to school. So I guess they will get double treats, because tomorrow is our Cincinnati Reds opening day!! Too bad the weather isn't very springlike, it has snowed here all day. The kids will get to share these little animal cracker-like baseball emblem cookies at storytime, or whenever Mrs. McDaniel thinks is best. The baseball napkins were left over from Jon's baseball theme birthday party last summer.
Then each child will go home with this Reds treat bag and a couple of goodies. What fun to put together! Again, some of the treats for this were extras not used at last year's party. I knew I'd find a use for them!

I am hoping Jonathan is still feeling better and can go back to school tomorrow, we both need him to!

No comments: