Friday, March 25, 2011

Chair Redo

I have had this chair a long, long time. I purchased a pair of them at a flea market many years ago, selling its mate long ago. This is my computer chair. It gets lots of use, and as you can see, has been in dire need of a seat re-covering for awhile now. I decided to tackle it today.

First, I removed the seat from the chair and then removed the fabric covering it. I have an upholstery sample purchased at a yard sale last summer to use for the new covering. I put the seat on the fabric to measure and cut.

A few minutes later, all done!

While the seat was off the chair, I cleaned it (with Jonathan's help) and gave it a rubdown in Old English.


Reattached the seat, and it sure looks better!
I just realized how many projects get done in my kitchen, on the kitchen table. Where do you complete your projects?



No comments: