Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Birthday What???

Jonathan is invited to a classmate's birthday party next Saturday, and I was trying to think of a unique way to wrap the present. We are giving him an assortment of small things: a Lego kit, a Hexbug and a couple of other things. I mentioned to my sister that the gifts were almost like things that would be in a stocking, and that's when I thought of it:


Jonathan loves his stocking, I think most kids do! So how much fun would a birthday stocking be? At first I was kicking around all sorts of ideas for the stocking itself. Making one from felt, or just drawing one on the front of a solid color gift bag. Today I remembered a big plastic stocking we received that Jonathan never opened. My sister was visiting, so we decided to see what we could come up with. We used Jonathan's foam alphabet stickers to label it, and I had some colored circle gift tags with plastic centers that we used to fill in the blank spots and make it look less "Christmas-y". To showcase the colored letters on the clear plastic stocking, everything was loosely wrapped in white tissue and tied with various colors of twine. It includes some of the birthday boy's favorite candy, too. A couple of little plastic frog poppers are peeping above the tissue wrapped gifts.









I was quite pleased with the results. I like doing something original and different like this. I used what I already had on hand, so there was zero cost in the wrapping. I'll let you know if he likes it or not!




No comments: