Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ironing: Obsession #3


Do you iron? According to most people I mention it to, I seem to be part of a dying breed. One friend's daughter, now 9 years old, was shown a picture of an iron at school (at about age 7). She had no idea what it was!
I just cannot let Jonathan go to school, or anywhere else, for that matter, in wrinkled clothing. I air-dry quite a bit of our laundry, and I iron. A lot. It's never done and I am never caught up. Still I forge ahead.
Today is a rainy day, and I am ironing. I have a small laundry room, so I do most of the ironing in the kitchen. The ironing board is a semi-permanent fixture there. I'm okay with that!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My Mom ironed all day today too, LOL! You need to try the premiun starch, it's at WalMart in a white can with a gold lid, it's fantastic!!

Echoes From the Hill said...

Just found your blog via Wendy's, My Heart is Always Home.
I don't mind ironing. I usually do it and listen to the radio.
My daughter hates to iron, and sends her husband's and her grade school age boys dress shirts to a laundry at a high cost. She didn't learn that from me!

Weather permitting, I hang laundry, after putting it in the dryer for a few minutes. If there is a breeze, and I smooth out the seams, and front and back, of shirts and jeans, they usually don't need to be ironed.
nancyr