Friday, December 16, 2011

A Fun Carriage Ride


When I saw a Groupon deal for a carriage ride through historic Covington, Ky, I knew this was a great opportunity for a new experience for Jonathan. It was so much fun! The weather was perfect: sunny but cold, so we bundled up in the fleece throws we brought. As the horse clipped-clopped along the streets, we enjoyed looking at the historic homes and buildings and waving at the folks driving by in their modern cars. Jonathan especially enjoyed that part!
 Jonathan tipped the hard-working horse with a well-deserved apple.
After the ride, we were also treated to cookies, hot chocolate, and a picture with Santa in an antique sleigh. I took this one and it's one of the cutest pictures I have of Jonathan with Santa.
Jonathan loved it and is already asking when we can go again. Perhaps it can become a seasonal tradition.

3 comments:

Stockpiling Mom said...

What an awesome time!

Echoes From the Hill said...

That will be a lifelong memory for Jonathan. Things like that are worth more that the most expensive toy you could buy.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
nancyr

Brenda said...

What a wonderful experience for Jonathan! I bet it was so much FUN!!
i finally have my e-mail somewhat up and going again so I have a lot of catching up to do with you!