Thursday, December 22, 2011

Busy Week

It has been quite a busy week, as I expected. Lots of time spent cleaning and in the kitchen, but fun things, too.
Tuesday I had a couple of friends over for lunch, as well as a friend for Jonathan. I love using my "Night Before Christmas" dishes! They come out the day after Thanksgiving and remain in use until Dec. 30. The kids had peanut butter & jelly sandwiches which were reindeer faces (my photo of them didn't turn out at all!).
Wednesday we met a friend at Jump Zone for playtime, pizza and gift exchange. They had been jumping on inflatables about 2 hours when this photo was taken. Talk about sweaty hair!


In the early evening was a karate class, then my older son stopped by to bring and pick up presents before heading to Chicago. Dec. 30th they will be in town for good!
Today has been spent doing last minute grocery shopping for Saturday's guests, baking and making these cute "reindeer noses" for a few special kids. They are eight malted milk balls and a red cherry sour for Rudolph's nose! I may make these for Jonathan's class next year.
 Still lots to do before Saturday! How are your holiday preparations coming along?

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Kathy,
What a lovely afternoon I spent at your 'cozy Christmas cottage"!
Thank you so very much! I can't believe all of the activities that you fit in during such a busy week!
I love the Rudolph noses...too cute!
I'll have to borrow that idea for my class next year!
I hope that you and Jonathan had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for making mine so special! Brenda

Echoes From the Hill said...

I love those dishes. I've never seen any like them before.
Hope your Christmas was wonderful.
nancyr