Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Has Sprung....Or Is It Summer??

It's hard to tell! The calendar says its the beginning of spring, the thermometer says summer. We have had record heat with highs in the upper 80's. We have been outside quite a bit these past few days.

I have been trying to work a little in the yard. I've been weeding and removing winter debris from from flower beds. One area is done with many more to do. I want to eventually get the landscaping as maintenance free as possible, I just don't have the time or energy for hours and hours of yard work.


This is next:

Jonathan was very helpful with spreading the mulch, but he made time to play, too. He was drawing and doing math with his sidewalk chalk.

Rain is in the forecast for today and the weekend, but we have certainly enjoyed the sunshine this week!

2 comments:

Echoes From the Hill said...

It's been unseasonably warm in Northern Colorado, too. Our only worry is that the fruit trees and starting to blossom and we are no doubt going to have another hard freeze, so we probably won't be getting any fruit this year. Our normal garden planting date is May tenth!
We have daffodils blooming already.
nancyr

Wendi said...

The warm spell has sure been a treat! I have been out as much as possible. Wish I could say my landscaping was looking as well as yours. The warmth has sure made the weeds grow!