Friday, September 9, 2011

Farewell to Summer

Even though fall won't officially be here for another week or two, Labor Day always signals the end of summer. Last Sat. the temperature hovered around 100*, by Monday it had dropped 40*, so it's starting to feel like fall, too. It's time to take the Summer Fun list off the refrigerator and replace it with a Fall Fun list, which will be much shorter! I am really glad I made that list. We didn't accomplish everything, but that wasn't the point. It helped me focus on doing fun things with Jonathan, and it worked!
There's a lot of check marks on there and we did most everything. Some things just didn't work out, like going to a park in neighboring Ohio for a pontoon boat ride. They are only offered on week-ends, and road construction every week-end this summer had I-75 reduced to one lane of traffic. I decided a boat ride (which we did last year) was not worth the time we'd have to spend sitting in traffic.
Making a seasonal fun list is definitely something I will continue to do.  It serves as a visual reminder to make sure we don't let the seasons slip by without having a little fun and making lasting memories.

No comments: