Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Day With My Grandchildren

Those three little children in the picture? They mean the world to me. The little girl is my 8 year old granddaughter. The little boy in the center is my 4 year old son, and the 6 year old boy on the right is my grandson. My grandchildren live about 7 hours away from me (8 if I am driving!), so I don't get to see them nearly as often as I like.
My son came to town this week-end to attend a meeting to plan his 20 year high school reunion this fall. He was class president his senior year, so he is in charge of the reunion committee. Can you believe one of my sons is having his 20 year high school reunion, and one is preparing to start kindergarten? Neither can I!! Anyway, my daughter-in-law stayed home to work on an auction for the kids' school, so I had all day Saturday with my babies!!
We had fun! We planted seeds and prepared some beds for flowers--finally we got a break from the rainy weather. We did crafts. I baked my son's favorite childhood cookies, Rice Krispie treats for my granddaughter and brownies for my grandson, and sent them home with goodies. I delighted in making lunch for the three kids and spoiling them a little.
And while the boys were off playing Legos, my granddaughter and I shared some girly time. I gave her a manicure, making it as close to a salon manicure as I could. It was lots of fun!

I so wish my son and his family lived closer! I cherish the time I get to spend with my grandchildren and I love that all three young ones get along so well when we are together. They are such a joy!



2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that you got to see them! Sweet memories for all of you!

Roxanna P said...

Aww wonderful moments! :)