Monday, January 31, 2011

Taking a Chance









This morning I took a tour of the newer, closer school. I must say there is quite a difference in the two schools. Not so much in the staff I met, they were very nice and well informed at both schools. The truth is, the facility itself is so much nicer. Bigger, better equipped classrooms. Nicer cafeteria, library and gym. I know these things do not necessarily equal a better education, but it does make it seem easier to learn with new computers, interactive white boards and such. The school also offers a few extracurricular activities not available at the other school, like academic team (looks like they took first and second place in regional meets most years, judging by their trophy case!) .


So...I have decided to submit the open enrollment form to this school. Their enrollment date for kindergarten is March 3. I will also enroll him in our assigned school, then I will play the waiting game to see if he is accepted. Although I realize schools can't be replaced to match the rapid rate of progress, I find myself wishing all children could attend school in newer, more up-to-date buildings. Everything just seemed more cheerful in the newer school.


After school today, we were invited by a classmate (also named Jonathan) and his mom to go to Color Me Mine and paint a plate. So much fun! It was our first time there. Jonathan really enjoyed being creative with the paint, but he didn't want to have to wait a week to bring his masterpiece home! When the little artists were finished, we went to Cold Stone Creamery for some yummy ice cream!


I didn't get very much done at home today, but it still feels like a productive day. The housework will be waiting tomorrow, right?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm really glad that you liked the school and I'm glad they have an academic team!! The plates are adorable, I want to paint one, LOL!