Friday, June 3, 2011

Jonathan's 4th Birthday: Decorations

With the theme being baseball, I was planning an outdoor party for Jon's birthday. All of the decorations were for the outdoors. I awoke on the morning of his party to overcast skies and light rain. My sister had arrived the night before to help me with the party, so she did the sidewalk chalk pennant. By noon, the rain was torrential! We were scrambling to come up with a "Plan B", which was difficult given all the decorations we had! The rain stopped, literally, about 30 minutes before guests were due to arrive. We somehow, I still am not quite sure how, got all of these decorations out in those 30 minutes! Needless to say, I didn't have time to take a lot of photographs as I had intended. The deck was quickly turned into a concession stand, with the grill set up to cook hot dogs and the menu posted. No trip to the ball park would be complete without peanuts and Cracker Jack!


The back yard was to be a stadium, with vinyl posters along the fence. The dugout was the designated place for the gifts to be opened.



This is a close up of one of the banners,from Vista Print.






The cake table had a framed photo of the sign at Wrigley Field. Yes, this is a real sign! My son was at the stadium and took the picture for me, about a year before the party, and sent us an 8" x 10" copy. They really did sign a Jonathan Bowen! The party was the perfect time to use it.






The rest of the day was rain-free, but very hot & muggy. The children didn't seem to mind. I think everyone had a good time. Pictures of the party in progress to follow!








No comments: